We explain in this article how to setup netgear extender?
Netgear Extender Setup
Some screens and indications to configure Netgear Universal WiFi Range Extender. The device acts as a bridge between a wireless router and a computer or device outside the router’s range. The field extender connects to the wireless router acting as a network client while acting as an access point. Having its own wireless network, towards other wireless devices: computers, tablets, smartphones.
If you do not have a Netgear router with the push & connect function. You need to configure the extender by connecting the device to a PC using the side Ethernet port.
If a DHCP configuration (automatic configuration) is set for the network card being connected, wait for the card to be initialized with a valid IP; otherwise manually configure the ethernet card. Consider that the extender is in the subnet 192.168.1.x.
Then open the browser and point it to http://www.mywifiext.net
For initial login user: admin password: password.
The search for available WiFi networks will begin
Select the wifi network and to allow the connection, insert the same protection keys of the network to which you connect, mask below.
Mask indicating the end of the configuration
Install update nextgear extender firmware
It is advisable to upgrade the firmware of the extender already at the time of installation and also periodically. The menu item is in the section
Nextgear extender install firmware
The extender works best with the antennas facing the same direction and upward.
The Led Link Rate indicates the quality of the wireless connection between the Extender and the Router:
Green light indicates an optimal quality of the wireless connection.
Amber light good quality.
Red light poor wireless connection quality.
It is recommended to position the extender so that the light is green.
Setup Netgear Extender Wps
WiFi signal extenders
Reach every corner of your home or office with a signal booster and extend your WiFi coverage, use it if you lose your wireless connection in some areas
Extend the coverage of the internet network, through contacts and electrical wiring in your home or office.
How does it work?
When configuration completes, it amplifies the WiFi network through the electric current. Which is why it’s recommendation is for large spaces or buildings with more than one level.
It will not reduce navigational speed since it works through the electrical installation. Which allows that there is no loss of signal due to the interference of walls or other obstacles.
How to install the extender?
- Connect the Base to the electric current near your router.
- Attach the Ethernet cable between the router and the Base.
- Connect the extender to any electrical contact in the area that suits you best.
- Press the security button (WPS functionality) for 3 seconds for the connection between the Base and the extender. Until the lights (LEDS) turn on and turn green.
- Connect to the internet from your computer.
- Use the wireless network manager on your computer to configure your WiFi security. The recommended security method is WPA2.
- Ready! Now with your connected extender you have WiFi signal in areas where you had no coverage. Enjoy the fastest navigation in Infinitum.
Note: Extenders operate in power saving mode when a device is not connected and return to normal operation mode. When an Ethernet or WiFi connection is established or recognized.
- It can be used with the modem you currently have.
- The range of coverage of the WiFi network is extended through one or more wireless signal extenders, to cover remote areas of the modem.
- Avoid Wiring installation, using the power grid to extend the signal.
- It maintains Navigation speed.
WiFi Extender Operation
Extends 100% of the contracted speed.
The performance of the WiFi signal may vary depending on the electrical installation, structure and interference.
Showed speeds as an example of the operation of the Extender.