Network Security Key
What Is A Network Security Key? The network key is not a key that you need to unlock your router with. Instead, it’s a password or code that identifies you when you access a router. Without the network key, you will not be able to dial into the Internet.
How To Find Network Security Key?
Your router or modem is there to allow you to connect to the Internet. However, to prevent this from happening to any stranger who is within range for the WLAN connection , you can authenticate your access through the network key. This is the only way to ensure that no one uses your internet connection. In addition, a foreign access would be very uncertain – someone with bad intentions could spy on your personal information.
- If your smartphone or computer has a router that can be reached wirelessly, you can select it as a Wi-Fi connection.
- To be connected, enter the network key first.
- This can either be found in the documents provided by your Internet service provider or simply on the back or bottom of your router. Look carefully at the stickers on the device to find a Wi-Fi key, network key, or WPA2 key.
- Once you have entered the key on your device, you can click on “Connect” and you will already have internet access.
- Select “Auto-connect” so you do not have to enter the key each time.
How To Find My Internet Password On My Computer?
Network Security Key Windows 10
- Click on the Windows button in the lower left corner and enter “Control Panel”.
- Open the Control Panel and select “Network and Internet”> “Network Connections”.
- Right-click on the connection you are currently using.
- Select Status, then Wireless Properties.
- Here you can switch to the menu “Security” and can see the security key in plain text by clicking on “Show sign”.
- Tip: If you click on “Details” instead of on “Wireless Properties”, you will receive further information about the Internet connection.
Network Security Key Macintosh
- Click “Go” at the top of your screen and then select “Utilities”.
- Double-click on “Keychain Access”. Find your network in the list.
- Activate “Show password” (you can ask for the administrator password).
- Still at a loss about your network security key?
How To Change My Wifi Password Cox
The default network key is usually a long string of digits. You can also change this access code to use a password that you can remember more easily. In any case, make sure that you use a secure password.
Network Security Key On Router
In the following guide you will find how to find WiFi router passwords of different devices.