Your broadband box has a private IP and a public IP. Find out what sets them apart and how to get an ip address.
How To Find Ip Address Windows 10
Public IP address
A box has an IP address "facing outwards" and materializing its address on the Internet : this is the public IP address. This is the address that "sees" for example a server on which you are going to make transactions. It's his connection to the Net. These addresses are used by computers on the network to communicate with each other. Thus, each computer on a network has a unique IP.
Private IP address
A box also has an IP "turned inward", that is to say, to connect one or more computers. This is the private IP.
How To Find My Ip Address On Windows 10
How Do I Find My Public Ip Address
- The public IP is issued by your ISP (Internet service provider) at the time of your installation and synchronization of the box.
- Some widgets also allow you to know it.
Here's how to find out your public IP:
- Go to My Services → Internet Access → Internet Connection Status
How To Find My Ip Address On Windows 7
Command Prompt Ip Address
How to know your private IP with Windows
- If you are under Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista , go to Start / execute then type "cmd / k ipconfig / all".
- If you are under Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 7 , Windows 8 Windows 10 , go to Start / run, then type "winipcfg".
Here is the detailed procedure under Windows to recover your private IP:
- go to Start → Run → Cmd
- type the command "ipconfig / all"
A list of all Ethernet cards on your PC then appears , with their IP addresses and the following information:
- name of the connection in Windows properties;
- MAC address of the network card ;
- your computer's private " IPv4 " address.
Windows 10 tip
- In the taskbar, click on your connection icon , then select the active connection marked "Connected";
- In the window that opens, click again on the active connection. You will then see information relating to your connection, including your private IPv4 address.
How to know your private IP with macOS
- Go to the "System Preferences" menu (apple icon at the top left of the screen), then open the "Network" menu.
- Then click on your active connection, the private IP is then displayed in the upper right part of the window.
Did you like this article ? Don't hesitate to share it with your friends and help us to promote:)!